Resources include organizations, software products, collaborative projects, education & training materials, publications & reports, and other key resources being tracked by Open Health News (OHNews) that have an impact on the world of 'open' health information technology and solutions.
- Organizations - Selected public and private sector organizations having an impact on 'open source' and health IT technologies and solutions, e.g. Companies, Government Agencies, Non-Government Organizations (NGO), News Organizations.
- Software Applications & Technologies - Major 'open source' and public domain health IT software suites or applications that have a vibrant support community composed of developers, users, and vendors, e.g. EHR Systems, PHR Systems, HIE Solutions, Medical Imaging, Public Health, Mobile Health, Health Information Portals, IT Architecture & Standards, IT Tools, etc.
- Publications - Links to free copies of major surveys, reports, studies, white papers, books, and peer reviewed journal articles focused on 'open source', health IT, and the health care industry. Also includes links to 'Open Access' Publishers & Journals.
- Collaborative Projects - Major collaborative, 'open source' health IT software development projects focused on creating innovative new systems and technologies.
- Job Boards - Selected public and private sector organizations focused on providing information about Open Source and Health IT careers and job opportunities.
- Health Information Portals - There are many free portals that have been developed and made available online by the U.S. government and other organizations for consumers and healthcare providers to obtain trusted information about a wide range of health related topics, e.g. nutrition, cancer, womens health, medication, patient safety, etc.
- 'Open Data' Resources – There are a growing number of organizations and web sites providing access to high quality, free and 'open' health data, information & statistics about population health and healthcare in the U.S. and other nations around the world.
- Education & Training - Information about 'open source' and health IT education & training news, conferences, seminars, webinars, courses, events, health IT training resources & tools, and other 'open' education & training portals. Also includes links to 'Open Health' Video Channels & Playlists.